Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Finding The graves of my Great Grandparents in cuba

Now that Fidel Castro is dead, I want to try and find out the whereabouts of my great grandparents and Great Uncle Clarence's burial location, or were they cremated in Cuba? 

My Mom recently passed away and my Dad has been very sad and melancholy.  He is also blind.  I tried many years ago to find out some information, when Castro was still alive, but had no luck.  Now, my Dad is asking questions and needs some closure about his grandparents and his Uncle, who was murdered by Fidel Castro and his henchmen.

My Grandmother's name was Singne Olivia (Nordberg) Vivian.  Her Parents were Ernst Wilhelm Nordberg and Christina Larsdotter.  Both were born in Sweden. Ernst was born Feb. 21, 1865 in Christinelund, Ljustero, Sweden.  He died December 7, 1943 somewhere in Cuba.My father thinks it may have been on the Island of Camequey in Cuba where they may have owned a farm there, possibly a pineapple or sugar farm. 
His wife, Christina Larsdotter was born Nov. 17, 1863 in Osterhastbo, 5, Torsaker, Sweden.  She died
March 31, 1937 somewhere in Cuba, also possible on the Island of Camequey.  They had a son, named Clarence William Nordberg, sometimes spelled Clemmence and other different slight variations of his name.  He was born June 8, 1902 in Brockton, Massachusettes.  He was MURDERED by Fidel Castro's henchmen in Cuba.

The story from my grandmother and father is that Fidel took the land away my family either worked on or owned and put my Great Uncle Clarence in a prison and took blood from him everyday for two weeks until he died. This was told to my family by a doctor in Cuba named Canino, I have his full name in my files and will look for it soon and let you know.   I have letters from Cuba, but I am unable to translate them. At this time, I do not have a scanner or printer either, but I guess I can take photo's with my phone camera and upload them.

My Dad really wants to know what happened to his family, find their graves if there is any, and put some closure to murder of my Great Uncle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doth speaketh?