Monday, November 27, 2017

My Great Grandmother Ollie Lee Rice

My mother, Kay Frances (Roberts) Vivian passed away this Nov.1, 2017.  She actually died at home on October 31, 2017 at 11:43 p.m but the hospice nurse didn't get here until after Halloween to pronounce death until the 1st of Nov.  So legally, they say she died on Nov. 1, 2017.

  I had seen this old photo before, when I was very young.  I remember my Grandmother showing it to me.  Her mother, my grandmother, was named Lettie Mae Collins. She married Kelmar Swann Roberts, then divorced him and married a man named John Johnston. Then they divorced.

This is a photo of my great grandmother, Ollie Lee Rice.  She was born Feb. 28, 1876 in Bedford, Virginia.  She married John Henry Collins on Sept 29, 1897.  They had 10 children.  She died on December 15, 1963 in Lychburg, Virginia.  She was 87 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doth speaketh?