Saturday, August 11, 2018

H.E.B Breakfast Taco for One or two People

These potatoes are from Texas.  All I do is dice em up real small, see?  I used one potato here because I was going to make two taco's. After I dice em up real tiny like so, I put them in a bowl of hot water and nook em in the microwave for 1 minute 40 seconds, open the door, stir em up a bit, and nook em for one more minute.  I drain the water and then fry em in olive oil.  The Olive oil I use is from H.E.B, it's Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Nookin em first sorta gets em a little soft so as you can fry em up a little quicker.  That's my way. Do it how ever you want.


Here is a pic of the Oil I use, and another pic of me fryin up them taters in the H.E.B. Olive Oil.  I added a pinch of kosher salt and sprinkled pepper on em.  Let em fry up real good.  If you like em soft, cook it on a lower fire and cover em with a lid, that's what I do when I like em soft, but in this case, I kinda want them a little crispy, so I just fried em up out right without the lid, see?  


While the taters are fryin up, I added two eggs to a bowl.  I use H.E.B. Organics Grade A Large Brown Eggs.  Sometimes I buy cage free, so far, I have not seen cage free organic... otherwise i'd be buyin thems instead.  Anyway, go on ahead and give your eggs a little beatin, like so.



Next thing I do, is get me a separate little fryin pan goin on the side, cause I'm gonna be fryin up my tortillas.  I used to make my own, but have to take care of my blind Pa, so I found these to be even better than my homemade ones.  These are also from H.E.B. Mixla Corn & Flour Blend tortillas.  I got these free at H.E.B. because they always have some really good deals goin on.  Sorry if you don't live in Texas, because then you could shop at H.E.B., you'll just have to come on down and visit, if you wanna shop here. :)  Texans love their H.E.B. I worked there for a while, but had to quit to take care of both my parents, my Ma had dementia (sadly, she passed away on halloween night, last year in 2017, still cryin ever day for her), so now I am just carin for my Pa, and I still have him, and love him so much.
Now go on ahead and fry up your tacos.  How I do mine, is I got my heat up on high, then turn it down one notch, and toss in my taco and I count to nine, then flip it.  If you like it a bit more crispy, count up a bit higher, I like mine sorta in between, with a little soft and crispy.   Do em up how you like, heck, it's your taco.


Next thing I'm gonna do is drain my taters of most of the oil, and pour them there beatin eggs over em.  I'm gonna scramble em up with them taters.



Now is when I cut my fire down on low on them there eggs and I add my cheese.  I am using H.E.B. 2% Milk Reduced Fat Fancy Colby and Monterry Jack Cheese.  If you don't live in Texas, use the cheese you like.  I like tryin different cheeses and this ones perty good.  Anyway, add about half a hand full, see? OH, and by the way, I also got this here cheese free at H.E.B with a meal deal. :)  Love them meal deals


  
Here I am addin some Herdez Mexican Cooking Sauces, Roasted Pasilla Chile smoky & mild.  YOU GUESSED IT, I got the Herdez free also at H.E.B with a meal deal.  Now here, I added about a spoonful, and heated it with the cheese a bit and then turned off the heat.


Well, next thing you do is stuff the taco with how much you want and eat it up.  If you made this for one person, and you used two eggs, you can eat one, and put the left overs in the fridge, ain't gonna hurt nothin to eat a few left overs.  Or eat two tacos, or share one with someone.  

Hope you like the taco. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doth speaketh?