Monday, September 27, 2010

Savory Chicken

If you can donate on the right to help out with getting our electricity fixed We would love the help and God bless.

Makes 4 servings.. Found this recipe on the back of a can of Red Gold Stewed Tomatoes 100 % natural.

2 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup flour
salt & pepper to taste
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 (14.5 oz) can RED GOLD stewed tomatoes
4 green onions, chopped
1 cup cooked orzo pasta

Into a pie plate, pour 1/2 cup broth. Place the flour, salt and black pepper in a gallon plastic bag. Dip chicken breasts into broth and then place in plastic bag. Seal and shake to coat all pieces with flour. Add Oil to a large skillet and heat. Add chicken and cook on medium high heat until both sides of chicken are golden brown. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
Add remaining flour to skillet; cook and stir until brown. Slowly add 1/4 cup chicken broth; cook until thickened. Gradually stir in remaining broth; continue to cook and stir until slightly thickened.
Add Red Gold tomatoes and green onions to skillet. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Add pasta to sauce and stir. Return chicken to the skillet and simmer until cooked through, about 10 minutes.

I have used these Red Gold tomatoes and they have a lovely flavor. I also like that they are all natural. I am using them now in a pot roast I got on sale at H.E.B on Thursday. I saved 28.00 at H.E. B using my coupons.

A short note to everyone, I am cigarette smoke free now for 4 months. I am proud of myself. Please, think about stopping smoking if you do as later in your years it can cause allot of health problems.

Some may know of our desperate situation here at our house. Last year we lived through a very cold winter without the proper electricity. Imagine yourself camping out in the middle of the freezing winter with no camp fire and trying to cook . This is what it was like last year. I see no way of getting the cash my self. My grand babies come in the holidays to stay while my daughter is in college and works. My husband has health insurance, but we have to pay for his heart meds and his blood pressure meds now as they changed the policy . He works at the Gonzales County Sheriffs Dept now for 9 years. He does not make much money. We are NOT on any welfare either. Please if you can see it in your heart to make a donation to help us get our electricity repaired we would appreciate it. I had 2 people so far offer to do the work but they were not certified electricians. I sure do appreciate the offers though with all my heart, but if something happened to you or later down the line, to the house, I would feel awful.
I have never begged or asked for money in my life, so this is not easy for me. Thank you and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doth speaketh?