Sunday, May 22, 2016

Power Cooker 6 quart Pressure Cooker Recipe for Southern Style Pot Roast

This is fairly simple to make.  What takes the most time is cutting up your vegetables.  You can really use any kind you prefer.  Below is a list of the items I use in my Pot Roast.  I live in Texas, so I use locally grown products and organic if I can.

Here is a guideline of what you might like to use.  I never really "go by" recipes, but use them as guidelines. You can go by it exactly if you like.

1/2 white onion, chopped up
5 cloves of garlic, chopped
4 stalks of celery, peeled and chopped
one bell pepper (any color is fine, I use green)  seeded and chopped
6 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
4 nice sized potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
Chuck roast ( I like mine with some marbling to it for flavor)
salt to taste
pepper to taste
About 2-3 tablespoons of oil.  (I use olive oil, but you can use what ever you like)

First, rinse your chuck roast off with cool water, then pat it dry with a paper towel.  Season it with the salt and pepper.  You can add other spices if you like.  Once you have this done, place the roast into the pressure cooker and then put the lid on it, press brown.  I brown mine on both sides in my pressure cooker.  After half the time is up, lift the lid, then flip the meat and let it continue to brown until the timer stops.
 
Next add about 2 cups of water or broth, beef or vegetable.  Give or take if you like more juice.  Throw all those vegetables in the pot together with the meat. At this point, I shake some more salt, celery salt, and pepper to the mix.  Do what you like.  Place the lid on the pressure cooker and make sure the pressure release button on top is in the CLOSED position, then press the STEW button.  Simple as that.  The machine will automatically go to KEEP WARM when it is done cooking.  This is very simple.

By the way, some of my vegetables I keep already cut up in zip lock freezer bags, so all I have to do is put my hand in the bag and throw fists full of veggies into my stews when I cook them.  Some veggies that I cut up to freeze are bell peppers, (green, red, orange, and yellow), onions, celery, carrots.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doth speaketh?