Thursday, November 4, 2010

Recipe for Proctor Silex Durable 18 qt Roaster Oven. Oven Roasted Chicken



My husband got me a brand new Proctor Silex Durable Roaster Oven 18 Qt at H.E.B today and I am roasting an 5 lb chicken it.

I cleaned the whole chicken and set my gizzards and necks aside then patted the chicken all the way down. I used SEA SALT inside the chicken and outside. I sprinkled black pepper inside and outside. I cut half a white onion up in slices and put them in a small bowl. In the small bowl I added about 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of dried and crushed rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder and stirred this mixture up really well in the small bowl and coated those onions good and then I took this mixture and poured it inside my chickens body hole. I put a plastic sandwich bag over my hand then stuck my hand in the chicken body hole and rubbed the mixture all around. MM MM
I cleaned and scrubbed two large baking potatoes and poked some holes in them. I kept them whole. I put the roasters rack in and poured enough water to cover the bottom of the roaster. I placed the chicken in my new Roaster Oven and beside it, I lay my potatoes. I put it on 325 degrees and it is going to cook like this for about an hour and a half.
Right around 20 till it is done, I took a small metal pot and put some fresh corn in the little pot and added a splash of sea salt and pepper and a small amount of water and put it in the roaster and let them steam it up a bit.
Dinner is still cooking by the way and you can add what ever spices you like to the chicken. Do up your potatoes how you like as well. Add some butter, salt , pepper and cheddar cheese to it, that is what I do.
Happy eating

3 comments:

Who doth speaketh?